Our Network is delighted to announce the 6th NICE Conference, which will be taking place in the beautiful city of Bratislava, the capital of Slovakia, from May 28-30 this year (2015). Our hosts, Dr Laura Gressnerová and Dr Ivan Prelovský from the Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava have already prepared a great programme for the event and made all necessary arrangements to welcome us as their guests in a warm and comfortable atmosphere.
An agenda for the conference will be announced soon and also be available over this website. It will officially begin at 9:00 o'clock on May 28 and end May 30 at 13:00 o'clock.
- Keynote: Prof Tristram Hooley (Derby, UK) on "The Evidence-Base of Lifelong Guidance"
- Keynote: Prof Maria Eduarda Duarte (Lisbon, Portugal) on "Innovation in Career Counselling; Myths and Realities"
- Endorsement of the European Competence Standards for Career Guidance and Counselling
- Parallel Symposia on Innovation in the Training of Career Professionals, Research around Guidance for Youth Employment, and Doctoral Training in Career Guidance and Counselling
- ESVDC Award and General Assembly 2015
- Gala Dinner at the Castle Restaurant with Slovak Folk Music and Dance Performances
- Parallel workshops on the development of innovative modules for the training of career professionals
- Peer-learning activities for the collaborative development of degree programmes and international exchange
- Presentation and discussion of a European Research Agenda for our field
- Foundation of NICE as an open network of degree programmes in career guidance and counselling
One hundred 4-Star rooms are available for a special rate of only 79 Euros per night until April 30, 2015 at the Austria Trend Hotel, where a large part of the conference will be taking place (see hotel registration form). Participation at the conference is sponsored by the European Commission as part of the Lifelong Learning Programme and includes snacks and drinks during the conference. Additional fees will only be charged for participation at the gala dinner and the guided tours (see conference registration form). Lunch can be booked at the Autria Trend Hotel, where a large part of the conference will take place, and needs to be paid individually.
P.S. Travelling to Bratislava could not be easier. Regular shuttle busses are available from the airport of Vienna (Austria), which reach Bratislava within 60 minutes. Please have a look at the directions.
NICE is co-funded by the European Commission within the Lifelong Learning Programme (2009-2015). The views expressed do not necessarily reflect the position of the European Community, which cannot be held responsible for any of the information presented here.
Draft for European Competence Standards
European Summit on Developing the Career Workforce of the Future
Supporting Mobility through Guidance
NICE Handbook en Francais
NICE Handbook en Espanol
NICE publishes Handbook for Academic Training of Career Guidance and Counselling Professionals
Network-Conference 2012 in Finnland
The provisional programme of the International Conference in Padua is now available!
International Conference in Padua, Italy